This document explains how BardCanvas is licensed. It applies to all BardCanvas packages (free or paid components, modules, templates and bundles including them) that can be downloaded without charge or purchased from the bardcanvas.com website, the lavasoftworks.com website or a third party online software store where premium packages are available for purchase.
BardCanvas is built upon several Open Source components, most of them packaged and mentioned in the Third Pary Requirements Library.
Also, several BardCanvas components made by LAVA SoftWorks are set as Open Source, as defined in their own pages on the bardcanvas.com website.
All the components that have no explicit licensing information may contain the "Free" and/or "Open Source" legend where advertised, and/or in the source code, and they may abide to a GNU GPL license. All of them can be freely modified and/or distributed as stated below:
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
For more information, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.txt
If any package has other licensing schemes (I.E. Apache, MIT, etc.), it may be mentioned either on the package's page at bardcanvas.com or the author's website, which may be found in the source code.
All BardCanvas modules and templates flagged as "premium" can be acquired by purchasing a license for their use either from the bardcanvas.com website, the lavasoftworks.com website or third party online software stores.
All licenses are managed by the bardcanvas.com systems and are set to user accounts registered either at the bardcanvas.com or the lavasoftworks.com websites. These licenses are bound to tokens as described in the BardCanvas website Tokens System document.
Premium License terms and conditions
- The license entitles you for personal and commercial use of the component.
- You should use the licensed component only on one website at the same time.
- You can install and run the component on as many virtual or physical servers as you need (I.E. a servers cluster) as long as they're used in the same website.
- You will not use the component in subdirectories or subdomains of the main website domain with different purposes.
- You will be able to transfer your license to a different website of your own as long as the previous one is shutdown or the component is uninstalled from it.
- You will not transfer your license to another person.
- You cannot redistribute the component files or the package containing.
- You cannot use the component files as source code for derivative works unless you get explicit consent from LAVA SoftWorks.
- You can make backup copies of the component and keep them offline. Online backup of licensed components is not allowed.
- You are entitled to receive free technical support for the lifetime of the component.
- You are entitled to receive free updates for the lifetime of the component.
- We reserve the right to modify these terms and add more as needed without previous notice.